Multiply the ingredients by four, and you will have plenty of sweet banana bread to share with the neighbors.
Gluten-free Banana Bread
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 4 free range organic eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Optional, add any of the following: 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 raisins, 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 muffin tin or 9×13 baking pan with coconut oil and dust lightly with almond meal or gluten-free flour.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put bananas in mixer with wire whisk attachment. Blend on high till very smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, then applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and finally coconut oil, blending until very smooth and consistent.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and add large spoonfuls of dry mixture until it is all folded in. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in any of the optional ingredients you want.
- Pour batter into muffin tins or baking pan.
- Place pan on center rack of oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned and springy to the touch, or until a toothpick comes out clean.